Wessex FRX-150 OUT-FRONT FLAIL MOWER
The latest addition to the Wessex ProLine family is the new FRX-150 front mounted flail mower designed to suit most leading brands of out front power units with PTO drive.
Designed to withstand serious contractors use, the FRX-150 is a perfect match for the highly maneuverable power units so popular with the council and local authority contractor.
Neat and compact in design, the FRX-150 is close-coupled to the power unit minimising weight on the linkage, and the ContiFlow deck design ensures maximum suction effect for tackling long or short growth efficiently giving a superb finish in any application.
A flail mower is far more versatile than a rotary mower, as it will not only leave a good finish on short grass, but long growth due to reduced cutting cycles can also be mown effectively leaving a far superior cut quality than a rotary mower, which can leave unsightly swathing of cut grass.
Key Features -
• Cuts long grass on roadside verges with ease, yet also leaves a premium finish on sports turf
• Follows ground contours accurately with it's own wheels and full width rear roller
• Simple cutting height adjustment
• Perfectly complements power units from Kubota, Stiga, John Deere, Iseki, Shibaura etc
• 1.5m working width
• Puncture-proof tyres
• Heavy duty 305mm rotor shaft for long life
• Rear roller with replaceable end caps and spigot shafts for reduced service costs
A heavy duty right angle drive gearbox transmits drive to the end of the machine, where the belts take up drive to the rotor and also act as a shock overload protection system.
Correct belt tension and pulley alignment are maintained by adjusting the gearbox and top drive pulley.
The cutting height is set by repositioning the front wheels and rear roller. Simple lever mechanism ensures roller is set at the same height on both sides. Roller is fitted with integral bearings for long service life.
Cutting width: 1.5m
Overall width: 1.73m
No of flails: 34
Cutting height range: 25mm - 100mm